Poems I wrote when I was teaching

I've been packing my teaching materials this week and I found two poems I wrote when I was teaching.

1) This poem was during mid year exam marking period. Super stressful.

Marking, marking, marking
Marking, marking, marking
Little blue and black worms wriggling
On the white paper.
They are squirming for freedom,
Striving for self-expression.

A crimson streak of red thread
Invaded into the midst of this
Contented community of worms.
"Out! You don't belong here!"
Declares the high and mighty thread.

Marking, marking, marking
Aching fingers clutching
The red formidable pen
Tired eyes peering through thin-rimmed glasses
Malfunctioned brain working non-stop
Marking and marking.

~~ 20th April 2004


2) This poem was written in the midst of the final exam invigilation. Hehe...

My Last Thoughts
What will my life be next year
Without your witty remarks and cynical sarcasms?
From a winsome grin to
A burst of laughter,
2NA, you have won my heart.

How will my life be next year
When you no longer fill me with your pensive
Thoughts and childlike conclusions?
By your confused expressions and trustful eyes,
2NA, you have won my heart.

Fly, my dear class, fly.
Soar like eagles to the height meant for you,
To the destiny you are called to fulfill
For there is no other class as unique as you.
2NA, you have indeed won my heart.

~ 13th October 2004

Comments