My farewell message

My farewell message to Ichinomiya Church

Today, I spent my last Sunday worship service receiving all the love, prayers and encouragement from different church members, more than what I could possibly imagine. I stayed from morning service till evening service. I even sat thru the opening sermon for the Youth Retreat. Haha. The theme was on Love and Marriage. Heheh...Quite interesting for the older ones but I could see the 12yr olds and 13 yr olds dosing off during the 2hrs lecture. Heheheeheh...

Anyway, I was asked to share my last words to the congregation this morning and I thought I should pen them down in my online diary. =)

Biblical Reference: Heb 11: 1, 6, 13, 37, 38, 39, 40

When I accepted Masami Sensei's offer to come to Ichinomiya Church to be your English Conversation Class teacher, I came here by faith. I believe that this is God's best plan for me and I was ready to offer myself in anyway for the Lord in this church and to my students.

However, I must say now that I have received more than I gave. You have given me so much love and I have learnt so many things from you: patchwork, cooking Japanese food, culture, going with you to explore so many beautiful Japanese scenic spots, chatting, shopping and eating with me. I was never lonely.

Yes, of course there were times when I felt physically tired because we have so many activities in church. Hahahah....I always tell Kaori sensei that I was so tired but happy. My heart is so full. Or sometimes, I would be emotionally and mentally drained but I have learnt to lay them all at the feet of Jesus and let Him carry my yoke.

Most important of all, thank you for all your prayers. Without them, I don't think I can survive here, or even adapt so well. This coming Saturday, when I depart from Nagoya Chubu Airport, I will carry with me packages of the sweet memories we shared, laughter and love from all of you.

Of course, I didn't suffer like the great men and women of faith in Hebrews. I think I enjoyed myself too much! Hahaha. I have seen the fruits and results promised by God and am glad. Now, like them, I'm leaving you by faith. I have finished my part of this relay race and I'm passing my baton to the next runner, Prem sensei.
May the joy of the Lord be your strength. =)

Comments