Nostalgia - After 6 Months


Nostalgia - After 6 Months

Recently, images of Ichinomiya, Nagoya and Sakae kept replaying in my mind. Somehow, my brain has stored several video clips of my little adventures I made by myself and with Sporean friends who visited me. Clips after clips, I saw myself exploring and walking like mad, searching for a place (supermarket with super deals, international food store, shopping malls, ryokans, pension houses, train stations) and delighted to to try out new things.

I remember the bus schedule from the eki (train station) to Olive (my place) and vice versa, both for weekdays and weekends and holidays. The bus comes hourly. Haha. Twice during peak hrs. Hahaha. If I happen to miss the bus, I need to window shop either at Matsumoto Kiyoshi (drugstore like our Watsons), Meitetsu Shopping Mall or the shop that sells fabric. It was a joy to look out for bargains and try some yummies at the supermarket. Sometimes, Meitetsu shopping mall has super good deals and I would return home with a super discounted sling bag, pair of shoes or blouse. Hehehehe.... I love Matsumoto Kiyoshi because it always has the LATEST something. Hahahaha...Be it shampoo/conditioner/ hair treatment or facial/ moisturizer, or body lotions and creams.

About six months before I returned to Spore, I discovered that Shimamura, the super duper cheap store that sells clothes was only 15mins walk from the eki. It has the exact same clothes sold in Nagoya and Sakae but the cost would be at least 500yen to 1000yen lesser!

I miss Kishi supermarket. Kishi was one of my first few 'friends' when I arrived. It takes about 6000 steps to and fro, and we need at least 10000 steps per day for exercise! Hahahaha. I go to Kishi at least twice a week. Ooo...I usually combed the vegetables section first, looking for the latest bargains. Then it'll be the fruits turn. Usually, I'll return with either a grapefruit, a comb of banana(if it's less than 100yen), a bag of navel oranges, a few apples or whatever fruits that's in season. I always buy mushrooms of various types.Ooooo....Now they can be found at Fairprice! Thank God. =)

Then, I will go to the tofu section, the fishcakes, buy or not? Hahah.... Next, the meat... Any big chunk of pork or chicken thigh on sale? I'll cut the pork into smaller pieces and freeze it. The thighs will also be divided and frozen. Oh....so fun. AHhaah... Ok. Still have some at home. No need to buy. Skip.

Fish section. Ooooo.... shall I eat maguro (tuna) or salmon sashimi for lunch and dinner? During winter, I'll buy oysters (298 yen) for about 12. Yummy! I'll coat them with flour, pan fry it and top it on my alio garlic spaghetti. Yummy!

Next, Dairy Section. Need milk or yoghurt? Eggs? Bread need to buy. After the perimeter, I'll then go to the center shelves. Always. HAhaahah... Need curry cubes? cream stew cubes? clam clowder cubes? No no no. Snacks? Yum yum.

Ok. All clear. Time to pay. If it's a Thursday, I can get double points for my Kishi loyalty card! Hahahah....weekends, triple! HAhahahah.... I have used the points to exchange some things, including a cute red ceramic pot. Hehehe.

On my way home, most of the time, I questioned myself why I bought so many things, as if there's going to be a war the next day. Hahahaah... But I always cook for others, you see. So I'll give them away, to the students or church members who visit me. HAhahaah.... Sometimes, I cook Sporean desserts for the pastoral too. Excuses, excuses. hahahahah....

I think I'll end here. Can't go on to other places. Sorry. Distracted by the food..... ;p

Yes. I miss you, Ichinomiya. Though you are quiet and small, somehow, you became a part of me. Every time I go on a short trip, I always feel you welcome me home with open arms when the train arrived at your station. The fact that there's no one walking along the streets except me has become a norm. I miss the Gifu mountains when I walked towards the kaiten (conveyor belt) sushi.

Now, I'm going to miss the autumn foliage along the roads in the months to come. Sabiishi.

Comments