Sugiyama, Amika and Sushiro

Sugiyama, Amika and Sushiro

Let's talk about sushi first!

Sushiro is an Osaka kaiten (conveyor belt) sushi food chain. Its rice is half the amount we get from Sakae Sushi and the topping is double the size too. Wahaha... Mmmm...I can almost imagine eating the salmon, maguro( tuna), sardine (iwashi), bonito (katsuo)and unagi sushi now. Yummy. So fresh! Each plate is 105yen. Oh! I almost forgot the avocado prawn with onions sushi. So far, I've brought Renee, Gary and their parents and Jake here. I can't remember whether Elaine and weiting came here before because Sushiro was opened about a year after I came here. Usually, I could only eat 5 to 6 plates of sushi and one plate of dessert. Yes. So little. I'll usually eat the above selection, opting for seasonal selections at times. I came here quite frequently, at least bi-monthly. In fact, I was the one who brought my pastor and his family here.

Thank God it's only 10mins walk away. I tried to cycle here but cycling also took me 10mins! Hahahaha... That's becoz I stopped every time there is a road opening and WALK, and continue cycling until the next opening. Hahahahha...Yes. So silly. By the time I reached Sushiro, I was too tired to cycle back. Hahahah... Aiyah, the pavement was juz along the main road and the cars were dashing pass me from the opposite direction la. I was afraid the I'll jerk towards the main road during the opening and crash into any vehicle. Hahahah...
Anyway, you can find Sushiro anywhere. =)

Next, Amika. This international food store packages food in bulk. So, I bought a package of chinese xiao long bao and ate it for 3 mths! One row of hash brown and a package of crinkled fries for 6 mths. I found the filippino kalamansi juice here. Bought my century eggs, desicated coconut (for making kueh dah -dah), tasteless water chestnuts, maple flavoured cream cookies from Canada and other baking ingredients here. Oh, I also bought korean noodles, and rice cakes here. I know how to cook the famous korean spicy rice cakes. You see the actors eating them along the roadside, poking and stuffing them into their mouths. The sauce is red. Yes. Very easy to make. I'll teach you if you're interested. Taught by a korean.

Sometimes, just window shopping here brings comfort to my soul. Yes. I remember there were times I felt homesick. Then, I'll walk here after church. I always comb the shelves of frozen food first. Next are the sauces. Finally the tempting section. I also put a limit to my spending here- 1000yen. A higher budget coz international food costs. Hahahha. I miss you now, Amika.

Finally, SUGIYAMA. It's like Matsumoto Kiyoshi. Sugiyama is a chain for drug stores that's popular in the central part of Japan. I can stay here for hours. Hahahaah...
Reasons:
1. The vegetable juice cost 258yen here. Elsewhere cost 298yen and more.
2. The snacks here cost less than 100yen, better than any 99 or 100yen shops.
3. I buy my softener cum washing detergent here, yes. 2 in 1.
4. Like Matsumoto Kiyoshi, they offer the best range of beauty care, body care, hair care and cosmetics here. Selling the latest and offering the cheapest deals, I will always memorise and compare the prices with the Matsumoto Kiyoshi from the eki (train station). YEs. I have that ability to memorise price tags. hahahahaah...
Sigh.... I miss that mental sums exercise and recall practice now. Hehe...

5. When I'm sick, I buy my salon pas, fever, cough medicine here. Not all are effective.
6. When I can collect 500 points, I get a 500yen cash voucher!! Cool right? Hahahahah... I exchanged quite a few vouchers over my 2 yrs there. Heheeheh...
Sigh... I miss that thrill now...

Aww... all those shampoos and hair treatment window shopping, the cellulite gels during summers, the sun screens, body creams, facial foam, moisturizer, hair spray and gel.... So fun!
Don't you wanna go too? Hehehe...

At first, I couldn't read Nihongo. So it's a risk but I love taking such risks. Heheh...Slowly, when I can read more, I made less mistakes. In fact, no more mistakes. Heheheeh... So it's truly enjoyable. All my church youths and even Kaori sensei know about my shopping spree to Sugiyama coz I sometimes go there after church or before evening service. Heheeh... Think they're amused by my constant amazement about their sugoi Japanese products! AHahah

That's all for tonight.
Oyasumi!

Comments