For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son...

I felt so lost this Christmas season. I think I've been swarmed by the usual Christmas frenzy that's unusual in the suburbs of Japan. Hahaha...

I felt lost because this Christmas,
~ I don't have to help out with the Christmas lunch preparation at Ichinomiya Church, which would take at least 3 days, inclusive of cooking and decorations.
~ I don't have to coach and train the children how to sing and dance Christmas carols in English, which drove me mad every time because nobody was there to help me translate and the kids went wild when they couldn't understand. Hahahahaah... That training would start in early Nov.
~ I'm not baking cookies for my Ichinomiya Church friends and students. It's not a tradition to give prezzies there. So, in order to still feel the Christmas cheer in Japan, I baked and gave. Hahaahha... Christmas is all about giving and not receiving anyway.
~ won't be silent because I'll be going to Faith for service. There's no service on Christmas day in Japan. We have Candlelight Christmas on the eve though. Quite special.
~ And there's carolling too, something which I missed like mad when I was in Japan. There's no carolling there.

Now, looking back, I think the silence on Christmas Day is what I'll miss. No, I'm not for the frenzy anymore. Maybe it comes with age too. Wahahahahah....


This morning, as I was playing the song "We are the reason" on the piano, I was reminded of the most important message of this festival. Jesus' birthday is approaching. That's all it is. So we are to spread this good news and cheer especially to those who are still oblivious to this very special and best Christmas prezzie.

Merry Christmas to all of you! May the joy of the Lord be with you too! =)

Comments