Sawasdee Kar

Sawasdee Kar


Greetings to you from the Land of a Thousand Smiles... Wahahah..
The only significant things happened yesterday was when we took a 10 hrs ride to and fro to the Northeastern coach to Thailand border, the border that will lead us to Cambodia. I almost thought I was taking a ride to KL. wahahahah....My buttocks were flattened like pancakes!
Anyway, it was an eye-opening and heart breaking sight!

So many children and young teens carrying and pulling wooden carts, either to carry people or goods. The younger children approached us to beg for money. Some carried their infant siblings, only a few days old and wailing away, to come and beg for money. I felt so helpless. If we give one, all would swarm in.

It seems like the Cambodians are even poorer than the Thais. All these children and teens are found in the No Man's Land, a kilometre distance between Thai and Cambodian border.
Oh.... waht can we do for them? Feeding programme? We'll need $$ and place for that. Teaching them a few hrs a day? We need people, not juz teachers coz they only need simple and basic education on hygiene and daily living, skills too. Any of us can play a part.

My challenge to you, my dear readers, is contact me and will come to Thailand together. Let's join the harvest force together, in anyway we can avail ourselves. They need you.

Cheerios

Comments