To choose to stay with the OLD or to ask for a NEW wineskin, that is the question

~~To choose to stay with the OLD or to ask for a NEW wineskin, that is the question~~

(Jesus) told them this parable: "No one tears a patch from a new garment and sews it on an old one. If he does, he will have torn the new garment, and the patch from the new will not match the old. And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins. And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for he says, 'The old is better.'"

Luke 5: 36-39


Tonite is the first nite of the Chinese Revival Meeting. The speaker was candid and to the point. One of the main points he said was that we should always expect God to do something new in our lives because our God is a God of new things, not old. God has His new methods. We shouldn't use our preconceived mindset on God, thinking He'll do the same thing the same way juz like in the past.

At the altar, I asked God for a new wine skin so that I could accept the new thing He's going to do in my life. After I made my request, I felt that God has not revealed to me my next step because I may not accept it using my old wine skin. In tears and with surrendered fears, I opened my heart to His good and perfect plan for me.

Comments