A dog's life

A Dog's Life

Today, my dog Happy played a mean trick on us, especially on me. Early in the morning, I was woken up by my mother's yells n cries.
"Happy is dying! Quick come!" She banged and opened our doors.
Grumpily n grudgingly, I wore my glasses n walked out to the living room. He was breathing heavily. Seemed abnormal.

"It must have been the durian!" cried mom. In my heart, I knew it was not. How could it be? He loves durians n always managed to lick a little off my mother and brother's fingers.

"I told u don't feed him oredi rite? Why didn't u listen to me? Always like tat one!" I retorted, sleepily.

"Oh...It must be the durian...."

In the end I got to bring him to see the vet...which I dread. The doctor usually tells me what's wrong with my dog and tells me the foood Happy is not supposed to eat. I will in turn convey this news to my mom n bro, who do not seem to get the message into their heads. Then Happy will get diarrhea n vomitting and I got to bring him to the vet again. It's a vicious cycle I grew to hate over the last 5 years. No choice. I'm his mistress too. He was there when I needed a cuddle or a listening ear. Oh...

Off we went at 2pm. Strangely, Happy returned to normal by then. The vet couldn't believe he was breathing heavily n moving around extremely slow the entire morning. Finally, he gave us some vitamins and medicine for respiratory recovery. HAhaah..... VItamins! Well, the cab fare and consultation fees r paid fully by my bro n mom. Heheehe.....

Now, Happy is happy indeed!

WAhahaahahah....

Comments