The Lure of Money

The Lure of Money

"No man can serve two masters."

It's so difficult to find a temp job. All I ask for is some brainless data entry jobs. But every door seemed shut for a few weeks. Finally, last Tuesday, my friend told me that her boss needed to find a temp desperately and they waited for me till this Monday to report to work. Its nature is brainless, thought-provokingless and unchallenging manual data entry. An answered prayer.
I'm thankful to God for both the job n my friend.

However, the struggle n tassel came yesterday when I was offered a 14-day job assignment at the NLB. The pay was attractive. I would be paid twice the amount of the current temp job. Wow!

I was so excited! Maybe I could do both at the same time, taking the NLB assignment at home. More money!!! Hehee..Why not? So I told the man, ok, I'd take the job. But he wanted me to work full time. Means I'll need to find someone to replace me at this current job, which also meant the patient sales gal would need to train someone all over again. I thought, tat's ok lah. More money leh. I'll come back again after missions trip to take over loh…since they still want me…though I didn't promise them I'll come back after tat. So I spent the next few minutes looking for pp to replace me. Found! Thank God. Haha..All went well over many phone calls after the night service.

Yet, I felt no peace. Dilemma. Yes. I'll get more money. But if I do this, it's not ethical. I'll also be breaking a promise I've made with my kind friend and the desperate company. I come and go. But my fren is still working there. What will they think of her? They may not trust her to find reliable frenz anymore. My integrity is also at stake as well. I was told by the man who offered the NLB job to tell my boss I need to take time off as reason to try out a few hrs at NLB. I struggled. Agreed initially. First few minutes.

After I took a bath, I decided to reject the NLB offer. It was a big struggle. Trust me. I needed the money but I felt that I was put to test too. To choose money or integrity. When I finally decided to reject the offer, a sense of unexplainable peace filled my being. I felt God was pleased with me. I could sense He was smiling at me too =]

Given any other circumstances, I'll take the job offer any big time. The man still wants me to work with him. He's an educational consultant. He says he'll continue to keep a look out for me since I'm not under any obligations after my missions trip. Thank God he's a Christian too and he understands when I told him I didn't feel the peace. Truly, when we honor God, He honors us too. The man asked me to send him my CV this morning! Hehe..

I can only serve one Master. His name is Jehovah Jireh, my Provider!

Comments