The Philippines

The Philippines

This is my 7th trip to the Philippines and there're still lessons for me to learn. The Filippinos never fail to amaze me with their hospitability and friendliness.

The outstations my team went this trip were: Toledo, Smokey Mountain, Leyte and Olango Island. I've never been to Toledo and Leyte. In fact, I was a little afraid when I heard that I have to climb these two mountains. Haha. But I always wanted to visit Leyte because I knew it's a difficult place and it's also beautiful as well.

I fell in love with Leyte. The air is so fresh and the scenery is breath taking. To top it all, we went for a swim in the irrigation. wahaha..Jamin brought his bottle of shampoo and quirked a few blots on all our heads. The children were so delighted and came to join us too. In no time, we're all washing our hair and skimming stones. So fun!

One testimony from this island:
We visited a mother and daughter who live high up in the mountains. They are from a baptist background and have stopped attending church. Ps Rusell has been encouraging them to attend church but to no avail. The father is a pastor but he had another woman and is now staying in Manila. When we prayed for them, the mother Nova cried. Ps Rusell told me to continue to pray that they'll come church the next day. On Sunday morning, while pastor was getting ready, he was still telling me to pray for the mother and daughter. Thank God! They came! They even joined us for the picnic and irrigation dip! Wahaha.. We were all so happy.

From Olango:
Despite of the typhoon, we still went to home visitation and evangelism. My challenge was when God told me to share on passages in the bible that I'm not familiar with. It's only when I started sharing that God revealed to me the meaning of the passage. Oh..To trust and lean on God alone.

Tat's all for now. While den till den..

Comments