Unhappy Happy

Unhappy Happy

Happy had so much phlgem after eating his medicine that he could not sleep the entire night. He walked round the perimeters of my house, making weird noises. None of us could sleep. Finally, at about 4am, he vomited his first puddle of white sticky phlgem with his undigested dinner.
He continued to roam the house and vomitted three more times until 10.30 am.

I couldn't bear to see him in such torture and pain. Thus I brought him to the hospital immediately. Happy is hospitalized. They put him on drip and placed him inside one of the many cages in the hospital. A thoughtful nurse placed a warm pad under his towel because he said that Happy's temperature is below average. His temperature was 36.9 while the normal temperature is 37.5. Happy should be in good hands.

Happy won't be lonely tonight. His neighbours are a limping dog, a rabbit who has fits, another dog which met an accident and so on.

But I miss Happy. I couldn't help but shed a tear or two when I saw Happy on drip. So poor thing. He looked so miserable and depressed when he realized that I was going to leave him behind this afternoon. All I could do was only to assure him repeatedly that I'll come back for him again and he'll be ok in no time.

Dogs are men's best friends. Have I been his best friend?

Comments