Life is Precious!

One article in the newspapers caught my attention today. One doctor died mysteriously in his sleep last night. He was young and healthy. He was supposed to celebrate his sixth wedding anniversary this coming Friday. The article also stated that this is the fourth death in the month. All these four people died in their sleep. They were healthy too.

Usually, we say that the first few groups of people who will die early are those unhealthy and careless folks. They either die of illnesses or road accidents. Of coz, we include those who want to end their lives abruptly too. Now, we’re given the fact tat even the healthy can die early and without a reasonable cause.

I am reminded of 4 impt things:

1. The breath of life in me is precious. Being able to wake up every morning and breathe in fresh air is a gift from God that I have taken for granted. No one knows whether that is his last moment as he closes his eyes tiredly that night and rest soundly on his comfortable and warm bed.

2. Treasure my family, loved ones and friends. They may leave any time too since life is so unpredictable. I want to spend as much time as I can with all I treasure, especially since I’ll be leaving soon.

3. Live with no regret daily. Hmmm…This will be challenging. Hehe..

4. Be ready to meet my Maker any time. Usually we tell ourselves to be ready as we mean we don’t know when He’s coming again. But now, I think I may meet him first before He descends onto this planet earth. Hehe..



10 more weeks... maybe...

Comments