Treasures in Heaven

“Do not store up for yourselves, treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal… For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matt 6: 19, 21

I have a messy room. No matter how I pack it, it is still messy. I spring clean my room approximately once a year, occasionally, twice. Hehe… Since I’m sentimental at heart, I store up many things I hold dear to. Hmm…they range from childhood toys like a toy gun with shooting sound bought when I was 10, Smurfs figurines and a Barbie doll, to cards given by friends since I was a youth: encouragement cards, birthday cards, seasons greeting cards, even wedding cards! Haha… Now, they’re all inside huge drawers under my bed. Haha… not forgetting my vcd collection of dramas from HK, Taiwan and Korea. Wahahah…

Next, my files, books, and many other girlie belongings. The list is simply unending. The 11 boxes of teaching materials are still unpacked and stacked high up in my storeroom and living room. I don’t know how to start unpacking them because there’s just no more space. Anyway, there’s no point to now since I’ll be shipping some of them to Japan soon. Hehe..

The above verse came to my mind recently. Have I been storing up treasures on earth? Of coz. So much of them that they collected dust, not rust. Waahaha.. One friend predicted that I’ll be bringing many things to Japan. He may be right coz I really have so many things I “need” to bring. However, I hope I will not do that, coz somehow, they seem like burdens. Hehe..

The sales in Singapore are never ending. Do you realize this? Sometimes I’m so tempted to buy them. Don’t we all? Hehe… Then, I’ll remember that I can’t carry them to Japan, neither is it wise to store them at home for a year for moth and dust to take action. Need to save money too. Oh….. Hahaah….

Where is my treasure now? Is it my vcds? Is it my books? Is it more new clothes, shoes and bags?

“For where you treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

Lord, may my treasure be YOU! May my treasure be seeking for Your will in my life and pleasing you always!

10 more weeks...

Comments