A Year of Adventure - 2007. Am I Ready?

Many people approached me these few weeks asking me when I would be departing. I would tell them, "I don't know. I'm still settling my visa."

Their next question would be, "How are you feeling now? Are you ready?" My answer would be, "Not yet. As long as I haven't settle my visa and haven't purchased my ticket, the reality hasn't sunk in yet."

Honestly, those who are close to me will know that I'm slow to react. Dinah and Jake were supposed to depart on 1 Dec, Fri. I only felt the lost on Wed nite. Unbelievable, rite? I cried myself to sleep tat night, thinking that I wouldn't be able to see Dinah for ages. On thur, I was thinking of giving her an old photo we took yrs ago, together with a card. However, as I flipped thru the photo albums, I changed my mind. I want to keep every single one of them. From the Missionettes to the Royal Rangers, from the FYF to the other church and youth events. Waahaha..Yup. I only gave her the card. Dinah is the last of my good ole buddies leaving spore after Wendy and Grace. Boo hoo hoo... Of coz, I'll be leaving too in abt a month ... Heheh..

Back to the question, "Am I ready?"

Tonight, during worship at prayer meeting, I saw a vision or picture of me at the airport departure hall. I saw myself walking to the police officers to show them my passport and walking thru the glass- paneled doors. Then I turned and waved to the crowd of people who came to support me and bide me farewell. Finally, I walked towards the immigration officer.

Mixed emotions. I sensed in the vision that this time round, I'll be going away for a long time. I'll miss all who came to send me off like mad, even those who couldn't make it. Being a Sanguine, I'm a people person and treasures friendships like mad. Hehe..


As I turned towards the officer, I also felt a sense of alone-ness, not loneliness, that from now on, I'll be walking this path alone. Shop alone, cook and eat alone, walk along the streets of Nagoya alone and enter tat cozy apartment which I'd be living in alone. A little sad n scary. However... This also means that I'll be meeting new people, making new friends and so on. With this, a sense of adventure began to bubble up from within me. Yes! The year of 2007 will be a year of Adventure for me, the president and founder of Happy Silly Club. In my absence, Clara, the vice president will assist me to recruit new members, allowing them to accept and love themselves juz as they are – silly. Coz Jesus created us unique. Hehehe ...

I don't know what's ahead but I know who holds my hand. My Big Boss will tell me his next step when I'm done with this second step, I’m sure.

Now, it's time for me to make my way to the airport for my personal reflection and evaluation for 2006 and thank God for his goodness in my life.

Have you managed to sit still and give thanks to the Lord for 2006? If not, I suggest you quickly do it. You still have one more day.

Jia you!


6 more weeks... Maybe...

Comments