He still reigns...

I've been silent for a while. Why? Hmm...I've been wondering what to write coz there're so many things I wana share with you. So be ready, this is gonna be a rather long post. If you're busy or bored, skip it. Haha...

For the past one week, I've been battling with a fear in my heart- the fear of rejection. Nah... not from who you think..wahaha... I was fearful that the Japan bureau will reject my application and thus will not send me the Certificate of Eligibility (COE). To those who are still wondering why I haven't bought my air ticket, this is the reason. I can't buy the ticket unless I get my visa. But to apply for my visa, the Japan Embassy needs the COE from the Bureau in Japan. So the Japan pastor and I are eagerly, very eagerly, waiting for the COE.

Everyday, I checked my email. No, "everyday" is not good enough. "Every hour" is a better phrase. I frantically opened my email every moment of the day, hoping that the Japan pastor will inform me that he has received the COE and he will send it over to me asap. But no, every check was futile. I muz say I became quite depressed.

Thank God I was at my granny's (aka, ah ma) place from Monday to Wednesday, trying to learn her secret recipes of her delicious steamed yam cake and steamed egg pudding (the one you can get at dessert shops, only ah ma's the best! ) Wahahaah... She showed and taught me some cooking tips too, those that are not found in recipe books. For instance, one of them is how to steam the egg so that the water droplets will not disfigure the pretty surface. Hehe..
Also, I learnt that you can pan fry fish using many types of flour for different textures and flavour. Did I tell you that my ah ma loves to experiment her ingredients? Her latest experiment is on flour. Hehe...Now you kow where I get my creative cooking genes. I told her happily that I experimented using pumpkin for ondeh ondeh skin instead of the usual sweet potato but the texture was a disappointment. So she told me I should use a little tapioca flour instead of only glutinous rice flour. Haha...Finally, someone who understands me and even contributes opinions. When I told her I'll try to steam pumpkin cake after my yam cake is successful, she smiled. Said she tried that out too. Ohh.... Such a satisfying moment for both of us! wahahaahah...

Actually, the real reason why I went to stay over at her place was I know she will miss me. So I want to spend quality time with her. Other than cooking and chatting, we also watched HK Cantonese drama vcds together. Hmm... or should I say, She was watching from the TV while I was watching from the laptop. Wahaah...but we watched together lah. Juz that I've watched hers and the other HK drama in the laptop is the latest one. Hahhahaha... So I gotto split my mind watching hers and mine, giving constructive comments too. Wahaha... Thanks to Priscilla who got us the vcds. Hehe...

As I was saying, the battle raged on in my mind. Yet, there was another voice that nudged me. It was a still small voice, the voice that led me thru the months of decision makings. The voice went, "If this is God's will for you to go Japan, no one and nothing will prevent you from reaching there."

I finally had a little breakthrough on sat nite at Pulau Hantu. During worship, I lay it down and surrendered it completely to the Lord. I rejected every negative thought and voice and claimed upon God's promises on my life. I declared that the Prince of Peace and the God of Hope reigns in my heart. Indeed, a sense of calmness seeped into my stormy heart. The tightened nerves and muscles relaxed. God is still in control. Amen.

Today, I feel so accomplished. It's only 1.20pm but I've done so many things. My mom is on mc. Food poisoned. So, I woke up at 10am and did the following things.
1) clean up Happy's pee and poo
2) Read my bible
3) Wash my bed sheet
4) Soak rice and later cook porridge for both of us
5) Wash another load of clothes. Not raining. Muz make full use of sun. Haha
6) Read newspapers
7) eat lunch
8) read and reply email
9) Blogging


Not bad, huh? Wahahahaa. Hmmm.. maybe I'll switch on the tv now.

Tata... +_+





Comments