OT Fan

I'm an Old Testament fan! Hehe... I know many people don't like the OT coz they think that it's written so very long ago and hence irrelevant to us today. Others find the stories too unbelievable or the prophecies too profound and mysterious.

But I love it! Wahaha... I love the Torah (1st 5 books of OT), esp Genesis & Exodus. I don't particularly love Leviticus, but I also don't find it a chore to read it. Hmm.. can I say that I appreciate this book. It is here that I first read that we can't tattoo. Of coz, there's more implications than it's mentioned. It also explains about the Nazarite vow, the one that Samson was supposed to commit to. Yah...I challenge all my readers to try reading Leviticus this year if you have not done so.

Of coz, there's Psalms, Proverbs and so many others. How can I list every book I like? It'll be at least 39! waahahahaha...

Now, why am I declaring my love for OT suddenly? Hehe...coz I'm taking a 2 weeks intensive block course on OT at AGBC now. Since last tue, I've been attending a 5-hr lecture daily from 8am to 1pm at Kallang. Last lecture on this coming Friday. The lecturer is Rev. Dr. Kameel Majdali, an insightful man of God. To know more about him, click on the link, Teach All Nations http://www.tan.org.au


What have I learnt so far? Lots. How to give it all to ya? Hehe... I'm already at the Prophets now. It's really amazing how God led the people of Israel and loves them thru'out history. No matter how many times they fail Him, He is ever patient and loving to give them a second chance, and yet another chance. It reminds me of God's love for me. He is patient with my failures and weakness. But I also must not take His grace for granted. Understanding His patience, love and grace helps me to do likewise to my family, friends and those around me. I must continue to allow God to mold my heart, to expand my heart, so that I can show Christ's love to them thru me, a willing & broken vessel.

Our lecturer highlights the portrait of Jesus in every book in the OT. Incredible. God has revealed Jesus to us in every book since Genesis!! Isn't tat amazing? Okie, I'll end here now. Need to sleep early or else i'll rush like mad tmr morning for class.

Oh....I love to be a student. Heehee

Comments