Praise the Lord

Today I had the opportunity to lead one mainland Chinese to Jesus and saying the sinner's prayer together.

I believe this is a divine appointment for both of us. She walked into the church seeking for Mandarin service. The pastors recommended me to her. She came for morning service last Sunday and I told her that we could meet for bible study on Tuesday morning, which is this morning.

She was a seeker. One Japanese man came to the restaurant she was working in and introduced Jesus to her. She attended his bible study classes. However, many Japanese told her that his teachings are wrong because he doesn't acknowledge nor use the name of Jesus, mentioning only about this 'New Jehovah'. Is he a jehovah witness? That's not the point now. Haha.

So I presented the gospel to her using the John 3:16 method and went through all the necessary bible verses to her before asking her if she wanted to accept Jesus as her saviour. Yes. All in Mandarin. Hehe.. Amazing right? It's been more than a month since I spoke in Mandarin, other than chatting online with my mother and teresa. Wahaha..

Ok. Back to the story.

We went through many things. I showed her the Ten Commandments too and I explained each one in detail. This means that she cannot lie too. Then she revealed to me that she gave a fake name to us on Sunday. Her real identity is too complicated and confidential to reveal over this email. But I told her that I'd have to tell all these to the pastor and I did it over tonight's dinner. Since she's currently living in a lie and needs to lie very often, she now needs to decide whether she should continue to live in her current situation. I told her that God would not help her to continue lying and she must make that vital decision. However, I did not push her and told her it's between her and God.

I want to believe her sincerity towards God. Yet, I also do not want to be easily taken advantage of. I told her she should continue to attend church service and she's willing to meet me every Tuesday morning for bible study.

Please pray that God will give me wisdom and discernment in this situation. Praise God too for a first salvation! Let God be the judge of her sincerity of her conversion.

A second testimony. One African American/ African (I'm not sure as I've not asked her) walked into the church last Sunday night looking for English service. Once again, the pastors referred me to her. After calling her umpteen times today, I finally got her after my English class at 10pm. She's also an English teacher and has been around for a year in Japan. Previously, she depended on watching and listening to English sermons online. Recently her laptop broke down and she's very dry and thirsty now.

We're meeting this Sunday to go to the A/G church at Nagoya. Tada!

It's amazing how God simply brings these people into my life and to Ichinomiya Church. I'm making new friends every week. Hehe..

Thank you for all your prayers and support. I know I'm well and fine now because so many of you are supporting me in prayers. May I continue to live a life that pleases God only because that's what I was made for from the very beginning.

Comments