Jospeh ~ King of Dreams

The title of this song is "Better than I" by David Campbell

This song was very meaningful to me. I hope you will enjoy it too.
This scene happens after the cupbearer and the baker had their dreams interpreted by Joseph and taken out of the prison. Joseph was forgotten by the cupbearer. The song is about his reflection of his life and the time frame of the song is within the two years he was forgotten by people. But someone knows his existence. God knows.

Enjoy! =)
Click your mouse on the url link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oL6HlzQZLo

A verse to meditate upon:
"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Genesis 50: 20
Joseph ~ Better than I
by David Campbell
I thought I did what's right
I thought I have the answers
I thought I chose the surest road
But that road brought me here
So I put up a fight
And told You how to help me
Now just when I have given up
The truth is coming clear
Chorus:
(For) You know better than I
You know the way
I've let go the need to know why
For You know better than I
If this has been a test
I cannot see the reason
But maybe knowing I don't know
Is part of getting through
I tried to do what's best
And faith has made it easy
To see the best thing I can do
Is put my trust in You
Bridge:
I saw one cloud and thought it was a sky
I saw a bird and thought that I could follow
But it was You who taught that bird to fly
If I let You reach me
Will You teach me?
Chorus:
(For) You know better than I
You know the way
I've let go
No need to know why
I'll take what answers You supply
You know better than I

Comments