Knowing God's Will

Hmm... I’m writing this entry after eating my yummy century egg porridge. Hehe... Anyway, I was listening to Planet Shakers when the lyrics of one song left a deep impression on my mind and I started to muse about Jesus.

Title, “You are holy”

Here I stand my life before You

Can’t believe the price You paid

Gave it all just for me

I lay my life upon the altar

Take me now, I place my

Life in Your hands

King of Heaven, You’re my Saviour

You left Your place of Glory

Giving your life just for me

How come I ever repay You

You came into my life Lord

You set me free

Everything I am I give to You, You are Holy Holy

Take my life and everything I do, You are Holy Holy

Now, here are my two cents worths, my thots. Hehe..

Jesus came into this world and lived like us. He went to school, I’m sure. Hehe..He worked with his dad as a carpenter. He knew his end, which is to die on the cross for us. Yet He did all that he did – getting disciples (including the betrayer), training them, healing the sick, preaching and teaching... and lived happily. I believed Jesus is a happy man. Hehe.. How did he do that? I was dumbfounded.

If I know I’m going to die at 33 and even in such a horrible and painful way, I’ll play and enjoy life first... Heheeh...I may even try to bargain with God. Whaahha..

Thus I think Jesus is indeed our best example of submission and obedience – to our Heavenly Father. That’s why he’s so focused to live God’s will. Of coz, Jesus has it a little easier; he came into this world knowing His purpose and God’s will for His life. He only need to obey and live it.

We? What abt us? We came into this world searching. Hehe...First, we were not in the right track till we gave our hearts and lives to Jesus by accepting him into our hearts. Then when we found out what God’s will is, we wrestle and doubt continuously, endlessly before submitting finally. HEhehe... This means after many buckets of tears and asking God “Why?” Wahahahah... Thank God our heavenly Father is never exasperated with us coz he’s so ever patient and LONG suffering. Wahahahah..

Yup. These are my two cents worth. I don’t know which stage u are at now. It’s between you and God. As for me, I’m still searching too. I’m trusting in Him one step at a time. I’ve decided to obey and submit first and fast. It’s easier. Wrestling is too draining and tiring. Me not young like Jacob anymore. Wahahahah.. So I wanna be like Jesus – be focused to live God’s will. Amen!

To God be the glory!

Comments