It's a dark dark world

I'm inspired to write this poem after knowing that a few of my friends are going to step into the working world, or have just started to step into this working world. I remember there was a time in my life when I felt so despondent, discouraged and disillusioned in my job, that I walked around chanting, "It's a dark dark world..."

Thank God He was with me even when I was in this "valley of the shadow of death". Thank God He led me out of it too. Thus, I wrote this poem to encourage all my working friends, both oldies and newbies, to shine in this "dark dark world". Amen! To God be the glory!

It's a dark dark world

It’s a dark dark world we’re living in.

In this dark dark world, there’s

Suffering,

Death,

Pain.

In this dark dark world, there’s working

Politics,

Pressure,

Persecution.

In this dark dark world, there seems to be no

Love,

Joy,

Peace,

Patience,

Kindness,

Goodness,

Faithfulness,

Gentleness,

Self-control.

Christians are called to be little christs.

Since Jesus, the Bright Morning Star lives within us,

We’re called to walk in this dark dark world,

Shining like lit candles,

Bringing hope

And singing loudly,

“This little light of mine

I’m gonna let it shine!”

Let us not be crippled with fear -

Fearful of this dark dark world.

Instead, let us wipe our oil lamps clean again,

Trim the wick,

Add the oil and,

SHINE for JESUS!

Comments