Of the many blessings I’m going to list, I think I’ll describe my …

~ Friends First

As a Sanguine Phlegmatic by nature, friends are essential to me. Heheh. I thank God for the many new friends He has blessed me with.

Pastor Masami and his wife Kaori speak English well, having lived in Chicago for 6 to 8 years. They also understand my homesickness at times, especially when I miss certain food. Hahahaha. I can confide some things to Mrs Kaori too. She’s like an elder sister to me as she’s only a few years older than me.

Miho is a few months older than me. She’s a mother of a 8 month baby Luka (feminine version of Luke). She was a English teacher and had lived in Canada for a year and half. Now she is a full time housewife. So, yes, I can always call her to go for coffee and shopping. Hehehe...

Fumiko is a year younger than me and a mother of 2 very cute boys. She speaks English and had lived in London for a period too.

Both of them accepted Christ overseas. Due to spiritual hunger, we’ll be meeting monthly for bible study. Ya, I’ll be the one sharing. I worshipped led for the first 2 sessions. Praise God for visiting us every time. Fumiko will worship lead for the next session. I’ll share, pls pray for me.

Kiyoka is a year or two younger than me. We communicate in Mandarin, Chinese. Cool! Whaahahah.... This is because she majors in Chinese and worked in Beijing for 3 years before coming back to Japan due to depression. Recently, she lent me 2 of the Chinese worship cds (Stream of Praise). I’m so thrilled. We just had our first chat cum study cum worship session together last Tues. Don’t ask me when’s the next time. She’s in depression, remember? Hehe. Pls pray that God will use me to be a blessing to her.

Hori is a few years older than me and she works in a bank. She’s kind of assigned to take care of me to get adjusted. She’s in the church choir. Every 2nd Sunday, she doesn’t need to sit with her choir so she sits with me to translate. Last week, when I was home alone in this 3 storey building, she came and stayed over one night with me because I told her I was scared. Heheeh...So kind of her, right? We communicate in simple English too.

Tom is my latest Nihongo teacher. We had 3 sessions so far. Don’t be conned by his name. He’s Japanese. HAahahaha.... His Japanese name sounds like Tom, so, yup. It’s easier for me too because his family name, Yamaguchi is simply too long. Hehehe... Now, I can pray, “Dear Heavenly Father.... In Jesus name I pray, amen” in Nihongo. Heheh. Today, we had fun learning names of different countries in Nihongo. He studied Korean for a year and half in Korea before too. We communicate in simple English.

Mami is a 3rd year university student who is studying Chinese too. But we communicate in simple English. She is 22 this year. Her dream is to be a teacher in orphanages or Christian schools with orphans. I think she does have a gift with children.

Eri is 19 and she’s studying Music Therapy. She is extremely helpful in translating phrases or words if she’s with me, using her electronic dictionary and handphone dictionary.

I went shopping with Mami and Eri last Thursday. We took cool neo-prints too. Japanese called it “Puri-Kura”, which means, “Print-Colour”. Hehe. Then, they stayed over at my place for a night. Eri became so excited when she saw my Taiwanese drama, Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu” because the Japanese version is showing currently. So, we watched 2 episodes and laughed like mad. Whahaha.... When I asked Eri if she understood the drama, she replied, "By feeling." Hehe. Coz she's read the comic manga before. Both of them like English worship songs so we worshipped and sang together at times, whenever any of them is free.

Mrs. Mariko, mother of Eri, is my English student and patchwork teacher. We’re good friends now too. Wahahaha....We may shop for more patchwork cloths next week. Hehe.

There are a few more friends I haven’t included but I guess this is enough for today. Hehe.

Wow! This is a long entry. Ok. I’ll describe another blessing next time. Hehe. Goody nitey.

Comments