Struggling or Wrestling? Part 2

So how did I survive? I’ve developed a daily routine now. It helps me to settle down. Maybe it’ll help you too. After brushing me teeth, I’ll eat breakfast (very important!) with a Christian cd (Chinese or English). Wahah. Then, I’ll read the bible. I’ve finished reading 1 and 2 Samuel and Acts. I’m currently at Jeremiah. Then, I’ll either go to the piano downstairs or to my guitar to play and worship. Sometimes, while eating breakfast, I’ll drop it at the table and dash to my room coz the worship cd tat’s playing is drawing me to worship God there and then. God visits me many times via this routine. Sometimes, He came before I could open my mouth to eat.. Hahah. So I just worship and cried out to God. Sometimes, He came while I was reading the bible or playing the instrument.


At night, before I sleep, I’ll read a book. I’ve finished “The Voice of One Crying” by John Bevere, “The Sensitivity of the Spirit” by R.T. Kendall and “Facing Your Giant” by Max Lucado. Now, I’m reading “Prayer: Does it make any difference?” by Philip Yancey. Every Tuesday or Wednesday, I’ll listen to one or two online sermons from CGN website. Once a month, I attend the A/G English service at Nagoya. I can’t attend it weekly coz it clashes with my own church service. Yup.

Wow! What a long entry! I’ll divide it into half. Haha. Being an understanding Singaporean, I understand Singaporeans are very busy people too. I was telling Amelia. Now, we can't use "busy" like how it was used in the past. Now, "busy" is not "busy" anymore. We should use "busier" and busiest". Wahahah..

Am I complaining in this entry? No. I’m just sharing with you the realities of being a missionary. It’s a real world out here. Not a short 2 weeks or one month or three months trip. There are many challenges or “giants” I need to face daily here. Despite of it all, I know very well it’s God’s will for me to be here. In fact, God has been speaking to me so clearly and urgently these few weeks. Like Jacob, I have been wrestling with God for a while. Every day, I cried out to God. There are so many struggles and fears within me. But when I learnt to obey and submit to God, I triumphed with Him. Amen! The battle belongs to the Lord.

My students and church members, even pastors, commented that they always see me smiling, looking so happy, so full of joy. That’s because I have spent minutes and hours crying out to God, my Creator, my King, my Heavenly Father and Best Friend everyday first, before meeting and facing the world. If He doesn’t fill me daily with His grace, joy and love, I don’t think I can survive at all. Not even half a day. I’m always spiritually dehydrated by the time I lay down on my futon (aka, mattress).

Thus, I urge you, dear readers, please continue to keep me in your prayers. I need them desperately. I am not ashamed of asking. Hehe. I’ve been so humbled by the power of prayer here for the past 6 months. Many wrote emails to me, encouraging me by saying, “You reward is in heaven.” Heheh. Thank you. Actually, all I ask for, is for God to tell me, “Well done, my good and faithful servant”, when I see Him face to face.

Thank you for praying for me. Your reward in praying for me is in heaven too. Wahahahaha....

Love and miss you all.

Cheerios =]

Comments