Autumn Ladies Brunch, 9 October

Today, we had Autumn Ladies Brunch. I had to reach church at 8.30am to help out although the official starting time was 11am.

As you can see from the pictures, Japanese standards for such grand occasions are very high. Almost perfect! HAhaah... Or should I say, they aim for perfection and nothing else. From the cooking to the cutting to the arrangement and layout. Gosh! But I had fun and learnt many things, like how to cut apple rabbits. Heheh...

The brunch ended at 1.15pm but I only reached home at 3.30pm because we needed to wash and clean up everything. Some cups and plates had to be wiped dry double times. They called it, "Perfect drying"! I'm serious. That's what they told me. So I was in the first round wiping team and another did the 2nd round. Amazing, ne?

My students from Senior Citizens class and Beginners class gave a special item. They came at 10.30am to practise. We sang, "Still" by Hillsong and I played the guitar. Sorry, forgot to take photographs for that. Hehe. I thank God that they were willing to do this because all of them were not Christians. I'm sure God has touched their hearts today at the brunch.
Shortly after, I shared my testimony. Thank God, many were blessed and encouraged by it.



Cooking meat rolls which were marinated yesterday.

Cutting the meat rolls
These rabbits were cut by Itsumi-san and I. Aren't they cutie? Heheh

Coffee and tea making team


Can you see how meticulous and tedious this is? Hehe..

My students: Sayako, Ito and Mamiya. Keiko is a volunteer helper from church.

Nishio, Junko and Michiko.

Our group photo. A few were not here because they were late.

This is the complete layout for the meal. Pretty, isn't it? Hehe.. Chestnuts with rice on bamboo leaf, sakura-cut carrot, string beans, konnyaku, pickled lotus root, meat roll, egg roll, rabbit apple and grape. Oiishi desu!

It's sermon time!

Comments