Elaine's Visit - Takayama & Gero (Part 1)

My NIE friend Elaine visited me last week and we had a great time of fellowship and fun together. I haven't had so much fun and laughter for a long time. Found my old self after a few days of warm-up too. Wahahhah....

Of coz, she brought with her many love gifts from 2 other NIE buddies( Evan and Marie) as well. We call ourselves the 4 beauties. Wahahahha...
Elaine, Evan and Marie, thankz for your Chinese herbal soup packs, bak gua, assam fish, mooncakes, Prima pastes. Together with the rest on my food shelf, I think I can last till I return to Singapore in Feb for 3 weeks. Whahaahah...

I lost my earrings at the onsen a few days before Elaine arrived. Panicked! Part of the reason is that it's a Christmas gift. Another reason is that I can only wear 18k silver or Perlini's silver. Hahah... I tried wearing different ones here in Japan but.... ears became itchy and rotted. Hehe. So I desperately need another pair of cheap and good Perlini's, those dangling ones, not the ear studs. I can't wear studs too. Heheh... I guess my ears are fussy, not me. WAhahahahaah...
Elaine came to the rescue, with the help of Clara coz she sms-ed Elaine. Hehe.

A surprise from Weihao (one of my Loh couzzies) came along with Elaine too. Marie is teaching in his JC and told him that Elaine was coming. So on the behalf of the Loh couzzies, he bought me the latest Planetshakers cd and the latest book written by Joyce Meyer, "I Dare You". There was a picture collage too. Thank you, Weihao. That was so sweet of you. I'm praying for your A Levels. Jia you.

Finally, a little information about this 2D1N Takayama and Gero. I never thought I would revisit Takayama in less than a year. Ain't I blessed? heheh.... I went to Takayama in April for the beautiful Sakura blossoms. This time, we went to Takayama for the Autumn foliage. Kinda early and the leaves haven't fully turned colours.

Gero is one of Japan's third most famous site for onsen. I didn't realized it till I booked and checked it online. Hahahah... It's a pretty old and small village. After a hot steaming soak at the hotel's outdoor onsen, Elaine and I went for a walk in our hotel's yukata. Heheh... At first Elaine was shy, but I assured her it's ok and that many others at doing that too. Indeed, when we went downstairs, we saw so many Japanese strolling along the quietly lit streets of Gero. It's like a display of different hotels' yukata designs. Wahahahaha...

In the morning, we explored Gero. There's a ancient village there. It's called the Gassho Mura. The people during that time built houses made of grass and these houses had a unique shape.
Then, it was time to make our way home, back to Ichinomiya. =)




Gero
Hotel Gero Kan


Gero Onsen
Gassho Mura(Village)
Foot bath for the tired feet.





At Gassho Mura, Gero


Yet again, at this famous red bridge. Hehe

Elaine and I
Outdoor Onsen at Hotel Gero Kan
Wow...look at the dinner! Heheh..
Frozen mandarin orange. Very sweet. =)
Takayama revisited. Hehehe....

The red bridge from another angle
Mmm... the leaves are changing colours

Comments