When I have Jesus, I have everything

This morning, as I sat down by my breakfast table munching my latest experiment - home-made banana pancake, I pondered about the moment of bliss and contentment.

One friend asked me last week whether I needed anything so that she could mail it to me. I thought long and hard. What struck me was the period of time I took to think about what I needed at the moment. Hahaha….I realized that I didn’t need anything anymore! Hehehe….Ok. Wait. I mean… my friend Elaine just came to stock up my food shelf! My mom sent a parcel of ‘somethings’. Whaahah… What else do I need rite?

So I told her, “No, thanks. I have no needs.”

Then she replied, “No, I’m serious.”

I said, “I’m serious too. Wahaaahahah….But if you really and still want, u can pass me some pork floss lah… It’s not a need, just a want.”

Elaine taught me a song when she came. Actually she taught me 3 and my brain could only remember 1. wahaahah… The lyrics go like this:

You love just because You love me

You love me for eternity

All the time we spent together

Oh Lord it’s just not enough

My first love

My heart’s desire

My life of worship

Is only You

When I sang this song, I felt the love of God surrounding me, engulfing and filling me. My heart became so full. It’s really difficult to explain what this means. I realized that when I have Jesus, I have everything. When I have Jesus, I don’t need anything anymore.

Then I began to count my blessings. Wrong move. They are countless. Hehehe.

I have a pair of kind and understanding pastors here in Japan.

I have new Japanese church friends who shower me constantly with presentos and assuring words.

I am placed in Ichinomiya Church and not any other churches in Japan.

I have students who love and appreciate me.

I have the piano and guitar to worship God.

I have updated worship cds, from loved ones and friends and the internet. :p

I have IT, the free access to internet, where I can connect with my loved ones and friends.

I can watch the latest dramas online, FOC. Wahahahahaha… I’m now more updated than when I was I Singapore! Amazing! Wahahaahah…

I have my private place – a fully furnished apartment.

What more do I need?

Outside Japan,

I have family members and relatives who love and care about me.

I have church friends who are praying for me.

I have a few friends whom I can confide in and call for help.

Wow! Ain’t I blessed? Heheh….

Do I still need anything?

Thus, it is worth serving my Master.

It is worth carrying the cross.

It is worth taking the first step of faith to quit my job.

It is worth taking the second step of faith to come to Japan, to a country whose culture and language are so different from mine.

It is worth taking the third step of faith to extend another year here in Japan. ;p

Okie dokie. That's all folks. =)

Comments