Christmas Parties

It's been a long time since I last post my pictures online. Two events will be posted today: Ladies Christmas Lunch and English Conversation Class Christmas Potluck Dinner.
The church level Christmas lunch took 3 days to prepare. All who came to help cook and decorate the church were all tired at the end of the lunch. Nevertheless, the joy and love of God could be seen from their ever ready smiles. Hahahhaah....

Many couldn't come for the English potluck dinner because they need to eat with their family. Thus, I was thankful for those who could make it. I prepared Singapore's chicken curry. It was spicy for them but they loved it. Some even went for second helpings! So brave! Hehehe ... The husbands asked me for the recipe so that their wives can cook the curry for them again. Oh...What a compliment! Hehe...We had an enjoyable time, eating and singing Christmas carols together. I started teaching them these songs since November. We didn't exchange any presents as it's not a custom here to give Christmas presents. Well, I couldn't stop myself from giving!! HEheh...So I made some star-shaped cookies, packed nicely and gave everyone one packet as presents. Hehehe..



Yoshiko, Asami, Ps Masami and Kaori
Singing Christmas carols
After a good meal...
The man beside me is Mr. Nonogaki. Remember him?
Sayako and daughter, Mamiya, Sassa, Saki, Nonogaki and Miho cum Ruka

Mariko, Ito and Keiko
Toppings were: 1. Cheese and jam; 2. cheese and raisin; 3. pumpkin cream; 4. ham and pineapple
Making salads: Lettuce, seaweeds, corn, tuna and tomato
All typed and printed and packed by us.
Food layout
Bento, biscuits, chawamushi, red bean rice, sushi roll, salad
Hall decor
Helpers
Lunch Bento
Prunes wrapped in bacon, decorated with tomatoes and broccoli
Packing all these bentos

Comments