A day in the life of...

A day in the life of …

This entry is gonna to be a random entry about what I did today. May be boring to some readers. Feel free to skip it. Hahaha….

I had an interesting Thursday today. Usually after class at noon, I would dash into my apartment and cook lunch. A speedy and yummy one. I’ve even cooked my rice using the timer rice cooker. But, juz as I was taking out the vegetables, my student knocked on my door and invited me to join them for lunch. Wow. Hesitation….coz I need to clear the food and the meat has been defrosted. How? Ahh…Then again…nevermind lah. Hardly have a chance to chat with my students outside class. Why not? So, I kept the meat back into the fridge and went for lunch. Ahahah…

Thank God I went for lunch. There were 3 students. They told me that Sayako, one of my students has difficulty attending English class. Coming here every Thursday morning is a secret she kept from her family. Her 16 year old daughter attends my night class too. Her in-laws are from a very prestigious and religious organization in Japan so they don’t allow anyone from their family to talk about or go to church. They found out once and had a big argument. Sayako lives with them and cooks every meal for them. Not once have they shown her appreciation for her efforts. Not once have they told her that her cooking was good, not even the usual Japanese, “Oishii!”, which means, “delicious”. So, Sayako is sad at home. But she’s a very talented kimono teacher and she teaches many Japanese ladies and even us, how to wear kimono properly. So, I noted this info and reminded myself to keep Sayako in prayer.

Then, instead of returning home and glued my eyes to the laptop, I decided to go to the train station to window shop at the Matsumoto Kiyoshi. It’s like our Watsons. Bought something to tame my frizzy hair. So happy! Wahahahah…

Exercise is important right? Hahaah…So I decided to WALK home. Whahaahaah….It takes ONE hour to walk home. Hmmm…since today’s weather is not bad, breezy and a little cold, still sunny. Why not? HAhaahah… Yes! I walked, and walked and walked.

Then I remembered that someone told me there’s this supermarket near the church that sells certain vegetables for ONE YEN!!! Wow!!! Since it’s on the way, I decided to search for this Aoki Supermarket. Lo and behold, I was lost. Wahahaahahah… Called a friend who stayed near the area for help and she came to drive me to Aoki. Wahahaahah…Actually, I was quite near the place, just that it was too far away from the traffic light and I couldn’t see it. AHahah… I managed to buy one lettuce and one packet of udon for ONE yen each. Cool right? Heheheh… In the end, I did walk for more than an hour because I got lost. Hahahahah….

What an interesting and happy day!

PS: As for the meat, I ate it for dinner, together with chopped onions, fresh button mushrooms and chives. Hehehe....

Comments