Am I wasting my life away?

Am I wasting my life away?

This question has been bugging me recently. I want to do more than just teaching English and doing what I’m doing in Ichinomiya Church. Today, I felt I’ve gotten my answer after attending the Nagoya A/G English service church.

Once again, I almost didn’t make it for service at Nagoya because I didn’t sleep well last night. I woke up several times coughing my life away, until my throat was so sore. I need to catch the 7.42am bus and take the train to the church. Service starts at 8.30am. By His grace, I got there and sat at the back row.

After worship, I discover that the girl sitting beside me had a Chinese bible. Out of curiosity, I asked where she came from. And …wow! A Taiwanese! Sitting next to her was her Malaysian teacher! Wow wow wow! Hahahah…. And so, I translated the entire sermon for her from English to Mandarin because the Malaysian guy felt that I’m more suitable because I’m a girl too. Hehehe….

What makes it special is that we had a special speaker from USA today and he spoke on using the Word of God as the powerful sword to battle our storms in life. This 27 year old Taiwanese is suffering from depression and she has tried committing suicide. She came to Japan 2 years ago to study in the university. Somehow, she caught the depression bug from the society and wanted to end her life. It was so serious that she had to stop her studies for 6 months and return to Taiwan to seek counseling. I was glad I could be a blessing to this new friend.

Next, there was also another elderly lady who popped into my life via Maida. Miura-san is Maida’s neighbour. Now, who is Maida? Hahaha…Maida is from Papua New Guinea and she married a Japanese and has been living in Japan for 5 years. She found out that Miura seems lonely and discover that she speaks a little Mandarin too! Yep! After some simple introduction, I realized that she was born in China but her parents were Japanese. After counting the years, I suspect they happened to be in China during the WWII period. Hmmm… Anyway, Miura lived in China for 17 years. Although she’s come back to Japan for 32 years, she only studied 2 years of Japanese. She missed speaking in Mandarin and was delighted to meet me…coz she wants to practice her Mandarin. Wahahahah… We invited her to our English bible study.

I’ll be meeting another German girl this Wed. She’s a pastor’s wife. Heheh.. Married to a Japanese. She misses speaking in proper English and I’m a friend who could do that. So interesting hor?

I thank God for bringing different people into my life. I thank God that I can be a blessing to all these individuals. I believe we didn’t meet by coincidence.

Not only have I gotten my answer, I’ve gotten my birthday present from God as well. Yesterday was my birthday. =)

I want to thank God for giving me another year to serve Him in Japan. I thank God for such a big family both in Singapore and in Japan.

Thank you for remembering my birthday. Thank you, dear friends, for sending me emails, msn msg, cards and flying presents to me. I truly appreciate your kindness and generosity.

While then till then…. Let’s continue to live life meaningfully, shall we?

Comments