Untitled




Untitled

I haven’t updated for a while because I’ve been pretty busy lately. Today, I shall pen down some of the experiences I had and maybe some lessons learnt.

First, I’ve been sick again. I’m still sick. I’ve come to realize I will fall sick every time a season transits due to the weather changes. Last week, I had a fever. After the fever subsided, the headache and sore throat came. Next the runny and blocked nose, with the cough joined in one accord in orchestrating a completely zonked out Aggie. Hahahahah…. Since it happened from the middle of the week, I had to cancel 3 classes due to my fever. I couldn’t bear to cancel any further and had to teach with a spinning and pounding head. HAhaah…Amazing! God is so good! He gave me strength and energy to last through every lesson, even with the children’s.

On Sunday, I had to help make cookie dough with a group of aunties for my friend Hori who is getting married in 2 weeks time! So exciting! My first Japanese wedding! A Christian Japanese wedding in a real church, not those for show! Hahaha… I was tempted to tell them I couldn’t, given my condition, but…. they were short-handed. Oh well, it’s ok. I enjoyed myself.

I’ve come to appreciate my mom more now. Wahahahaha…Imagine…. I need to cook for myself and self-medicate. Nobody to take care of me. Boohoohoo…But I’ve learnt to be independent. Hahahaha…. Ya. So I cooked a big pot of chicken soup, added parsley, garlic, ginger, onions, carrots, mushrooms and celery and ate that for 3 meals! I rotated between potatoes and marcoroni for some carbo. I cook this special herbal potent chicken soup every time I catch a cold here in Japan. It’s yummy! With some miso paste for minerals and vitamins. Heheheheeh…

I have a monthly English bible study and we had one this afternoon. A newcomer joined us today. Her name is Miura-san. She’s born in China and has lived there for 17 years before returning to Japan. She’s been living in Japan for 32 yrs now. But she’s a Japanese and she speaks a little Mandarin. She’s Maida’s neighbour and loves singing. So Maida invited her to join us because we sing gospel songs. Maida and I actually met up last Tuesday over lunch to discuss how we should cater our bible study for Miura-san. Since Miura only knows Joy to the World and Silent Night in Nihongo…..yes…we sang it today….too early….but…. nevertheless…seeker friendly, remember? Hehe…And also Amazing Grace, a all-season fave song.

We shared testimonies and I shared the message. Actually, I had planned a message for both types of audience but in the end, I decided to just share on the first part, since it’s Miura’s first time. I could see that she was struggling to understand. I was sharing from Daniel chapter 2. I love Daniel. He’s my favourite Bible character after David.

Anyway, my first part of the message was that God is all powerful and all knowing. The second part was that this All-powerful and All knowing God wants to partnership with us too! So, with just the first part of the message, I invited Miura to know this God too. She too revealed to us that she recognizes that there is a God somewhere out there and He has no image or shape. Thank God for His work in her life. She’s so happy that she wants to join us again next month! Praise the Lord! But most probably we won’t sing anymore Christmas songs, ne? Heheheeheh….

But you know, I almost cancelled today’s Bible study. Or, I almost told my friends to go ahead with the bible study without me because I woke up this morning feeling soooo terrible. My throat was hurting, my nose was blocked and I felt so unwell to do anything. But if I cancelled it, we’ll have to wait for another month before Miura-san can join us. If they go ahead without me, somehow, I felt I’m needed in this meeting. Oh…I tell you, what a struggle it was!

But there was a voice bugging in my head to just go to wash my face and brush my teeth first before I was to make any decision. This voice tugged me from my comfy bed and dream. Will tell u later. In the end, I obeyed. And felt so much better. Thus I prepared my bible study while eating my breakfast. Heheheeh…

Just a line about this ridiculous dream I had. I dreamt that I was in a public outdoor onsen and the water in the pool was cooling. Someone served me a slice of water melon while I was inside the pool. After eating the watermelon, I simply let the juice flow into the pool and continued soaking and basking myself in the warm sunshine. Wahahahahaah….Ain’t I mad? My Japanese friends were laughing hysterically when they heard it today.

Okie. I think this entry is longer than expected and I couldn’t write more or else you’ll fall asleep. For those who have persevered thru get to entertain themselves with my watermelon spa treatment dream. Waahahahahaha….

Oyasumi nasai (Good night).

Comments