Chinese Bible Study cum Lunch

Me, Jing Yun and Kiyoka

soup, fried eggs with sliced carrots (originated from Okinawa) and stir fried bean sprouts with chives, sliced potatoes and fish cake (my invention) Wahahaha..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chinese Bible Study cum Lunch

I invited Kiyoka and Jing Yun, the Chinese gal to my place for lunch and bible study today. I haven’t met Jing Yun since last March. She is my first convert when I came to Japan last year. Thank God she came to church last Sunday and we arranged to meet.

I woke up very early today to prepare because I still have no idea what which passage to share. So I went to the piano to worship and pray. The worship took me to the tragedies happening in Sze Chuan, China and Myanmar. Somehow, I caught a glimpse of God grieving for those in desperate need of comfort now. For the first time, I could empathize with those who have lost their loved ones. It was as if God has placed my hand upon His heart to feel how grieved He is for those in sorrow now. I cried and cried. I also grieved for those who died without even hearing the gospel. Then I prayed for His mercy and comfort for the survivors and the volunteers who are there now.

God is sovereign and I believe that He is still in control of these situations. Amen!

Thank God Kiyoka came. Thanks for your prayers. I was worried that she would change her mind due to her current depression status. Since she was an hour early, she could update me about her latest decision. She has decided to break up with her non-Christian boy friend. It is heart wrenching for both of them but Kiyoka wants her life partner to worship the same God as her and her marriage to be blessed by her pastor and church friends.

After Jing Yun arrived, I started cooking lunch. HAhahaahaha…. It’s amazing how God brought the 3 of us together. We had a great time sharing stories and Jing Yun updating her life after we parted more than a year ago. She has married a Japanese man who is 17 years her senior. From the conversation, I realized that she is reading the bible and trying to live the Word. She treated the salvation prayer very seriously too because she told us that after we prayed together last year, she confessed to her friends and family that she’s now a Christian and wanted to change her life style. I was so touched and moved by her speech. I must say that I was worried about her for this period, so worried that she would be caught by the authorities due to the visa issue. But God’s hand is upon her life and watching over His new born child. Praise the Lord.

We did the first 23 verses of Psalm 18. Quite an interesting experience for me coz they read the verses in Mandarin while I read mine in English. Haha. In Mandarin, I explained the verses line by line, parallel the passage to that of watching a movie or an anime, when God came down to rescue us. God is like our hero, dashing through the clouds and mountains and coming to save us from the snares of this world! Heeeheheheh… It was fun! I didn’t think it would be this fun for me! HAhahaha… The sharing thereafter was also good, open and honest. We ended it by going to the second floor to worship, in Mandarin, of course. Heheheheh… It’s Jing Yun’s first time. Then we returned to my room for some sweet and juicy watermelons! Hhahahahahah…

We chatted on until 5pm! Yes! From the time Kiyoka came at 10am till the time they left was 5pm! I was so drained but I’m happy. =)

After dinner, I had a class to teach at 8pm.

Oh! What a fulfilling day!

Tomorrow, my schedule is as follows:

8.30am Throw plastics (once a weekly affair)

9am Clean up Olive Missions Centre

10am Attend meeting with pastors

11am Join Joyful cooking class (upon my Pastor’s wife request, to interact with

members)

12.30pm Lunch together

1.30pm Go Nagoya to buy textbooks. No other day liao.

Wow! Sounds tiring already. Wahahaahahaha….Okie dokie. Nitey.

Comments