Japan's Golden Week

Japan's Golden Week!

Last week, I only taught 3 classes on Thursday. Japan's golden started from 29 April to 6 May, which is today. Ironically, I found myself more tired from this holiday than a normal working week. HAhahahah....

A family from church brought me to Shirakawa-go, which has been registered as a world culture heritage in UNESCO. The houses were built in gassho style. It was a day trip.
Two students from my senior citizen class brought me to Konan, just next to Ichinomiya, to see wisteria in bloom. One of them is Hori-san, the mayor's wife. We spent an afternoon together.
Finally, the last grand finale of this golden week. My friends' wedding!! Our church members spent the entire week preparing for it. From cleaning the church and the missions center, to decorating, to baking and more cleaning! We cleaned EVERY window and door! Mopped the entrance!! Sunned the cushions on the pews, waxed the pews, clean and wipe windows till it's squeaky clean!! We even made the cookie dough 2 weeks prior to this! Unbelievable! Okie! Enough said! It's time to view these photos now. hahahaahah...


At Shirakawa-go
With sarubobos
Hori-san, the mayor's wife, and Hayase-san

Maiko from Nanao. I went to her church 2 yrs ago during my first missions trip to Japan.
She came to visit me for 2 hrs. So sweet of her.

Plum tree
Shirakawa-go, with Hakusan (White Mountain) as background



The Yoshida family who brought me to Shirakawa-go. It's more than 2 hrs drive! Both mother and daughter are my students. =)

Comments