Cool Tea Party

Cool Tea Party


It's the start of summer and this means it's the beginning of many activities coming up! The first and foremost is the Cool Tea Party held yesterday. At this moment, I'm so exhausted that I forgo today's patchwork class and Japanese lesson. My eyes are so tired that it's been tearing since yesterday evening. But I had to teach last night still.


It started from last Friday. Fridays and Saturdays are my breathless days. Coz I teach non stop. Then on Sunday, we had young adults meeting after service. On Monday morning, I helped out with the preparation for the tea party. Learnt how to make pudding with 48 eggs! wahahhahaha... then made earl grey tea chiffon cake. After lunch, I went to Nagoya to buy English textbooks for my students. I was so tired that I didn't even shop around. hahahah...


Cool Tea Party started at 10am on Tues and we had to prepare from 8.30am. And I had lesson last nite and clean up this morning!! Ahh....Oh well... The Children's Summer Camp is coming soon!!! Wahhahaahah...


btw, I've made some ume juice (japanese plum). I'm so proud of myself coz even some JApanese have not tried making it before. Hehehe...My student taught me to buy 1kg of unripe ume, 1 kg of rock sugar and add 200ml of vinegar. Put them all in a glass container for 2 weeks. Tadah! It's yummy. Drink it with ice cubes for the summer heat. hahahaha..
Now, I'm making umeshu (sweet plum wine) heheheheh....which will take 6 mths...so fun!



The speaker for the day is wearing a suit.
Fumiko gave her testimony of how she became a Christian and was baptised in Scotland. Then she sang a song.

Ps. Masami played the piano for her.


They taught us how to sing the Sunday school song, "Silver and gold have I none...'

Mmm... Earl Grey tea chiffon cake and fruits, pudding and tea. =)

Fumiko brought 7 friends to listen to her testimony. She told me she was encouraged by the article I lent her. All glory to God.

The lady in black beside me is my student in Beginners Class. Both of her daughters are also in my class.
4 of them are from my Thursday Advanced and Beginners Class.
Our speaker is wearing a suit.

Yes! We added Earl Grey tea into the cake mixture. My eyes almost fell out when they did tat. Hahaha...

I can type Nihongo words now. Yes. It's done by me. =)

My umeshu. Ume juice looks like this too.




Comments