Hot summer in Nagoya

Hot summer in Nagoya

Maybe it’s the ozone layer and global warming. Summer is getting hotter than before. A week or two ago, the temperature was 36 degrees in Nagoya. Kyoto was 38 degrees! It was too hot to do anything or go anywhere. All we want to do is to stay at home, switch on the air-con, make a glass of ice ume juice and watch tv. Wahahahahha…

Usually, I’d go to the supermarket at least twice a week. But since July, I decided going once a week or even not at all for 2 weeks is ok. Why? It’s too hot. Hahhahaah….The scorching sun glares its gleaming eyes at me even when I wore a hat AND carry and umbrella! Yes! Hat plus umbrella! Whahahaha…

Don’t worry. I have lots of food. How come? It’s summer. This means it’s the season for many fruits and vegetables. My students gave me so much fruits and vegetables that I have to give some away because my fridge is not big enough to store them. Heeheheh..

Watermelons are very expensive in Japan, approximately S$10. However, I’ve eaten so many watermelons until I don’t mind giving away too. Heheh. It’s definitely sweet and free, of course. Hehe..

Sometimes, if I’m outside, I’ll go to some places which sell cheaper fruits and vegetables. On Wednesday, I went to Gifu with Jingyun. We wanted to buy some clothes from this shop that sells really cheap but fashionable stuff. As we wandered around the shops, we came across some very cheap bitter gourd, green chilli, brinjal, tomatoes. So we bought them back!! I almost regretted it because it was extremely heavy. Hahahah…And Jingyun wanted me to walk to her place from the train station as she wanted to give me half of the water melon. Hahahaahha….I was so grumpy and grouchy by then. Hahah…Both hands are already full leh. Sigh. No choice lah. It’s on the way to collect the tomatoes she ordered in the morning. I think I lost a little weight that day. HAhaahah…

Sometimes, my students will also bring some food for me. The mayor’s wife have been making and bringing food for me. Raspberry jam, tomatoes, bitter gourd, sushi, and so on. So touching. So I cooked green bean soup for them today. Heheheh…

Hmm…why am I eating so much bitter gourd leh? You must be wondering. I’m also wondering abt that myself. Wahahahah..Aiyah! So simple. It’s the season for bitter gourd now lah. Heheh..I’ve NEVER cooked bitter gourd in my life until I came to Japan. Now, I think I can cook it in many varieties, be it Chinese or Japanese style. HEheeheheh.. Cooked for 2 Japanese friends on separate occasions and both loved my bitter gourd. Heheh Oh! Boy am I surprised!

I am so loved. Not only did I feel the warmth of the sun this summer, I also feel the warmth from everyone around me. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for loving me this much and more.

May all my readers experience God’s love and spread it around too. God bless. =)

Comments