We still need prayers

We still need prayers


Hi! It’s been a long time since I last wrote an entry instead of posting only pictures. Recently some events happened in church and besides praying, I really don’t know what we can do. Of course we can sit and counsel these people. But, sometimes, I really wonder how much counseling will help. It really depends on whether this person wants to change. Then, we must not forget about spiritual warfare too.

Last night, my pastor’s wife told me to watch over the few students who are staying overnight in my building because one of them is “mad”, as quoted by her. She’s worried because my pastor and family will not be around from Monday to Tuesday evening. I’m the only adult around. This means that I’ll need to patrol my 3- storey building diligently tonite!! Coz the ‘mad’ person won’t be sleeping. How scary! Yes! I was disturbed. Is she demon-possessed? It’s possible coz she has been causing her family endless sleepless nights for months!!! She cries and whines and screams, turns on the water tap and the entire tatami house flooded. But sometimes, she’s normal and very helpful. She’s 30 years old but still refuses to find a job, not even a part time job.

Feeling disturbed, I interceded for this church and this lady last nite after evening service. The pastors are so exhausted because there are so many people who need their attention. They were counseling a few of them until past midnite recently. These people just come knocking at our door and my pastors can’t reject them. I could see how exhausted they are. It’s summer break now but they can’t take any long vacation at all. Even Mondays are used up for church work sometimes. They only took 2 days off last week and 2 more days off from today till tomorrow evening. While then till then, I’m the gatekeeper for this building until they return safely tomorrow. Then again, the youths and young people will be staying here until Thursday. This means, I should still be walking around in the middle of the nite to watch out for the ‘mad’ girl. Hahahahahah….

Oh well, enough of gloomy stories. This is just to remind you readers that Japan and Aggie need your prayers still. Pls don’t stop interceding for us.

Oh. Thank you for your prayers. Remember the pastor who was kicked out of his church in Tokyo last year? His church elders rejected him and sacked him, remember? I did post this entry seeking for prayers. Praise the Lord. God is doing a healing work in his heart. I was chatting with his wife yesterday afternoon, she in broken English and me in broken Nihongo. After months of depression, God restored his confidence. He applied and was accepted by a church in Gunma Prefecture. He just started preaching recently. The only thing is that he is living separately from his wife and a 3 year old son. His wife was not yet willing to become a pastor’s wife. Too many responsibilities to hold. In Japan, a pastor’s wife is just like a pastor. She has to do pastoring, counseling, admin, and so on. However, this wife has graduated from bible school. In fact, that’s how they met. Haha. We talked about how this current separation will affect their son’s childhood. She told me they promise to visit each other once a month, either he’ll come to Aichi prefecture or they’ll go to Gunma to visit him. When we talked about Fathers’ Day, she confessed that her son is so pitiful because his papa was not present. So he made a Fathers’ Day present for himself!! So sad right? It was amazing that we chatted for more than an hour. Wow! It was our first official chat.

Okie. I got to go patrol my building now. The youths are going to buy grocery but the “crazy” woman will be staying here alone. I invited her to my room but I doubt she will come. It’s my official off day. But then again, I’ll treat it as exercising! Wahahaahahah….

Thanks for your prayers.

Comments