The Lord Encouraged Me Today

The Lord encouraged me today

I have been struggling these few days wondering what to testify about on Ladies Autumn Brunch on Oct 7. I was asked to prepare a testimony about my ministry in Japan and prepare my students to sing a song.

We're singing "You are my all in all" because it's a popular song in this church. They sing it in Japanese version. Of course, ours is the English version. My students have been practising very hard every week. One lady, Mrs Ozeki, from the Friday Beginners Class told us that she's very touched by the song every time we practised it at the piano. She felt as if God came down as we sang the song. She told us again today. I am so touched by God for opening their hearts.

I write a short devotional for our quarterly newsletter. It's really very short, about 200 words, which includes some casual introduction and a short bible verse study. I always wonder if it ministers to them. Today, I was surprised when Mrs. Ozeki told us that she thinks I know her problems because every time, the bible verse addresses her problems and speaks to her. So I told Mrs. Ozeki that it's God who knows her problems, not me, as I will pray and ask God what to write before actually penning it down. Wow! The power of God's Word! I was so moved. It's as if God is telling me, "It's working. All is not in vain."

During dinner, I related this incident to Ps Kaori. She told me that Kayo, the lady who typed my newsletter has been learning a lot from what I wrote every time. I was surprised again. Honestly, it's just a few lines, just a paragraph explaining the bible verse and it's application.

You know, just when I thought I haven't been quite effective and has nothing to testify about, God shook me and gave me a pat on my back. Hehehe... So I want to give Him the glory He deserves.

At this moment, I still have no inkling what to write although I should complete it by Sunday. But I know God will guide me to write and testify about something that will encourage the ladies, just like how He's encouraged me today. =)

Comments