My blanket and other projects

My Blanket and other projects

Finally, I've finished MY blanket!!! Took a yr to finish hand sewing it! At first, it was fun and exciting. Slowly, it become something I just had to finish making. Hahah.. It's really tiring quilting it because I had to quilt along all the lines u see on it. Next, I had to quilt hearts on the squares. There are 85 hearts! hahahha...Then, I had to trace the tulips and quilt the hundreds of tulips along all the rows of pink cloths. I used 2 marker pens to trace! ALmost died. By the time I quilt and sew the tulips, my left wrist is already sore. Thus, as much as I wanted to rush this blanket, I couldn't coz my wrist was in such pain that I couldn't even wear my clothes, bathe or do other things. I could only quilt once or twice a week during the tulips sewing period.

On top of that, I've promised a few friends that I'd make baby quilts for their new born babies. So, I need to take a break from my blanket and start on their baby blankets. Hehehe...Anyway, this is meant to be a summer blanket and it's ready now! Hehe.. I know, autumn is coming soon, in a month's time.

The other mothers and grandmamas in my patchwork class were so inspired by me that they're now trying to sew blankets too. But so far, mine is the largest! Hmm...guess it's gotto be big enuf to cover me. Wahahahahahahah...

I've also included other baby quilts and projects. Eh..the pattern is quite similar..coz it's easier. Hehe. Difficulty and challenge is finding suitable cloths, match colours and quilting patterns.

My nxt project is another friend's baby quilt and my own sewing kit.

okok. Enough liao before I bore some of you. Heheheehe...



Horizontal view of my blanket

Can you see the pretty and stylish handbags on the border? Hehehe


Vertical view
Tulips along the pink cloths

Quilting hearts
For baby Samuel in Feb 08.

For baby Jeremy in Aug 08.

I love the tiny weeny white hearts on the border.


My unfinished sewing kit.

My first baby quilt in Aug 07.



Hand sewn tulips along border.

More tulips
Christmas sock in Dec 07.

Comments