Our Daily Bread

Our Daily Bread

It's amazing how God uses different tools to spread the gospel. This time, it's through our good ole "ODB".

In Sept, I attended the Tokai Missions Conference held once in a blue moon. Other than the morning lectures in English, EVERYTHING else were in Nihongo! From the announcements to the worship to the small groups discussion. And I was there all by myself. I met my OM friends there, of coz. Heheh....It was there that I met a new friend, Atsuko-san, a staff from RBC Ministries headquarters. She had brought along with her "Our Daily Bread" in different languages! So I took a Mandarin copy for Jingyun, several Nihongo copies and subscribed delightedly for some English copies too.

I happily used it for bible study. One of the students from my Advanced class likes it very much. He finds it meaningful and the short quotations at the bottom of each daily entry interesting. I was thinking of getting a English copy for him. I did give him the website first and he went there asap when he arrived home.

But recently, something happened in his family and he was rather troubled. Last Tuesday, after I shared an entry from the daily bread, he told me maybe he could get a copy of it for his sister-in-law. He thought that it would be useful for her! She is interested in Spanish, so maybe he can get a Spanish copy for her! Immediately, I went to my room to get the Nihongo version for him. I told him he could subscribe for her. Wow! God is using him to witness to his sister-in-law!

Today, he opened the package in front of me during class. Obviously, he's subscribed to it immediately. How fast! hahaahaha... He's so happy with the English and Nihongo copies.

God is simply amazing and creative! Through this, I learnt that I must never limit God and His ways. I was advised by a friend that I should live as if I have 3 more months to live. Indeed, if I'm returning home in March, I will have only 3 more months to live in Japan! Every moment counts! Thus, I must live it even more meaningfully and fruitfully!

To God be the glory!

Comments