This Christmas

This Christmas...

This Christmas is special to me because my students attended the Christmas Candlelight service on Christmas Eve. This is the first time English students joined the Candlelight service. Yumi and Aikiko came with their husbands and Satomi brought her two daughters, Yuka and Rika.

Yumi's husband is managing their family business, which is selling Buddha statues, incense and so on. It's a very famous chain in Japan. Aikiko's husband is a high school teacher. It's his first time coming to church and listening to a sermon. Satomi is a hungry seeker and has been attending our Sunday services since two Sundays ago. Last Sunday, she told me that this year is very meaningful to her because the year started with her divorce. However, after she joined the English class, she learned more about God and found peace. She also joined the evangelistic Coffee House held on the 2nd Saturday of every month. I was touched by her words.

Christmas Day is not a public holiday in Japan. So everyone has to work or go to school. Today, on Boxing Day, we ended the Christmas season with a simple tea party for the students. We played "Passing Parcel", sang Christmas carols and ate lots of tidbits brought by everyone. HAhahaha... I was glad they could chat with each other because all were from different classes. Some brought along their children too. Sayako thanked me because her daughter Saki who is 16, was top in English in her school. Saki has been attending my classes on Thursday evenings since last year. I just replied her that it's also the effort of her teachers in school. Hehehe...

Kaori sensei told me that this year was very different because many students attended the Cool Tea Party in August and the Ladies Christmas in Dec held by the church. In the past, only 2 or 3 attended. This year, about 10 came.

I'm very touched and moved by what God is doing in the hearts of these students. This is the best Christmas present I've received this year. =)

Comments