It's time to pen down my reflections again!

"Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect." Matthew 24: 42-44

Wow... How time flies! It's been more than two years since I last wrote in this blog. Somehow, I felt the necessity to pen down my thoughts and feelings once again. Maybe it's simply due to the fact that I'm going for another missions trip in a week's time. Haha....

Those who know me know that I'm someone who is ready to go any time. I believe that when God wants me home with Him, He'll bring me back no matter what. That's why I didn't die during the SARS even after visiting uncle Simon when he was infected and passed on. That's why I didn't die in the plane back to Nagoya in 2008 even though one of the engines of the SIA plane broke down. Yes! I was quite upset that they didn't serve me my breakfast, not realising that the flight attendants were frantically wondering whether we could make it to the airport safely. Hahahaha... Finally, after all the various tremors and earthquakes in Japan, I still survived. No, I survived the monsoon on our way to Leyte in 2010 with the ERs as well.

Yes. This is all due to God's protecting hands on me and I know He still needs me here on planet Earth.

This coming trip is different. I'm bringing another ER team to Cebu after the typhoon and earthquake. Yes, I'm still ready to go any time if natural disaster strikes. However, with so many youths and young adults with me, I'm not so sure that they're all as ready to go as I am. Erm... I'm not being morbid or pessimistic here. I think it's more like I believe God is sovereign and He protects us. There are dangers and risks anywhere we go. We have taken safety precautions like buying travel insurance and taking vaccinations and malaria pills. However, when the time comes, if God calls us home, how many of us are ready to go? I pray we'll all be ready. Maybe, I should remind them of being ready as well. Hmm...

The rest of the cmdrs and I will do our best to keep ourselves and the rangers safe and sound. We'll want to come home to Singapore, to happy cheers and rainy streets. All my Christmas prezzies are wrapped up and tagged with names, ready to be distributed. Haha....But I'll be ready as well, if the Lord misses me and wants me to celebrate Christmas with Him in heaven this year too. =)

Comments