"Full-time" student and "Part-time" Ministry Intern for Missions

Hmm... It has been close to a month since I started this journey. Since I've decided to reopen this blog again, I must be committed to update it more consistently even if no one reads it. As long as God gets the glory and I get to pen down my thoughts, that's all that matters.

Maybe I should begin with life as a ministry intern for missions at church. As I'm doing two block modules in July, I was only required to report to work on Wednesdays. Thank God for an understanding boss! =) I spent my first Sunday and subsequent Wednesdays decorating and personalising my cubicle. It was so fun! Hahaha.... I believe this will help me adjust faster and better. It did. =) Thank God.

The amount of paper work and forms to submit for missions is unbelievable. Prior to this, I have been in the missions committee for years and led mission teams umpteen times. I never knew there was so much admin and paper work behind all these. Maybe I knew a little since I was a deaconess more than a decade ago, I guess it didn't hit me until I am now the one who has to submit SP approval forms, CDB approval and decision forms! Wahahahahha.... I need to learn how to read the monthly financial reports and ministry reports... and infer from them too. Wow.... Analytical skills! By the time I figured it out, it's time to go home. Time really whizzed past when I'm in church. Can't helped but feel so unproductive and inefficient.

Another factor to get used to is working with friends I grew up with and a few new folks who joined our big family recently. It's kinda strange but fun. Not sure whether I can explain it. For the first time in my life, I have a REAL lunch hour. Hahaha.... We've been exploring different eating places each week. So fun! I've been trying to reach church early to buy the fried carrot cake from Whampoa market but the 145 bus just didn't come on time every Wednesday!! Last Wed, I managed to arrive the market at 8.30am BUT the stall was closed!!! So upsetting!! What a letdown! I've been craving for the crispy white carrot cake for weeks! :(

School. I can't believe I'm back in BIS/ AGCB/ ACTS College! I still remember attending classes at the building beside Daimaru at Liang Court. Bro Casey answered my call when I called to ask for directions to the school. So happy that both he and sis Dav are still around. =) I can't help but feel ancient sometimes.... and wonder if I can catch up with my studies. I've been struggling with my current block module. Didn't know that IBS can be so demanding. I didn't realize that everyone was drowning and struggling until yesterday's lesson. Thank God the teacher found out and rescued us! It was so difficult to draw out the BIG IDEA. I still couldn't see it after doing the analytical outline. I'm beginning to enjoy doing my structural diagramming. If there is one thing I learn and enjoy doing now, it's structural diagramming. Hahah... I like the challenge of figuring out those words and clauses.

Another aspect I enjoy is fellowship. I love my new friends. =) It helps when we get to see one another in more than one module. And most of them are extremely kind and approachable. I felt as if I'm part of the big family in no time. I think meal times squeezing in that little kitchen around that medium size table is kinda cozy and fun. Sometimes, we'll share food too. I think I can sit there for hours! Wahahaha....

I've found my corner in the library. Hehehe... I've been using that corner for days until the librarian remarked that I did not have to be "that hardworking". Heh... Aiyah... I don't have a choice lah. I need those commentaries to complete my IBS charts. It's so far away from my house. I'd love to do my homework at home if I could too. :( I also enjoy the comfortable aircon temperature. It's just nice for me. Not too freezing cold and not stuffy.

Thank God for His strength, joy and grace for me! I love you, Jesus! =)

Ok.... it's time to complete reading my chapter 7 of Heart-Deep Teaching. I took a break to write this entry. Heh....

Comments